How to Join
Startup companies applying for the BUNY Accelerator Program must fulfill the following criteria:
- Owned by students, academics and/or graduates of Boğaziçi University
- Completed the pre-incubation period
- Fully established, offering technology based products and/or services
- Having technology readiness level (TRL) 6 or above
- At early stage with at least one minimum viable product (MVP)
- Already selling in the local market with the potential to go for international markets
Selected companies have to:
- Reside and continue their commercial and R&D activities in Turkey
- Sign an agreement with Boğaziçi University's Technology Transfer Office (BU TTO)
- Find the necessary financial resources for their stay in New York
- Pay $650 per month for use of the BUNY Accelerator
All applications must be made online by filling out the application form and uploading necessary supporting documents via the BUNY web site https://buny.boun.edu.tr main page, "Apply Now"
- A Committee composed of academics, business professionals and investors will do all evaluations.
- During the evaluation process, both the project and the company will be assessed.
- All applications will be evaluated according to the criteria listed below within one month of the application due date.
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions
- Potential to reach international markets
- Having at least one MVP already generating revenue
- Competence and composition of the team
- Proficiency in English language
- All applications must be made online latest by 5:00pm on the due date.
- The evaluation of the application will be finalized within three weeks after the due date and the selected companies will be announced.
- Selected companies must sign the agreement with the BU TTO within one week.
- Selected companies must complete all preparations (getting visas, making funds ready, arranging travel and accommodation, etc.) for the BUNY Accelerator Program latest by one week before the start date of the acceleration period.